Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Miss Him

Never thought I would say this now but ... am bored without him. I miss him. Call me a doormat whatever. Am about to give up the fight and kiss and make up.

I just read an article about forgiveness. Forgiveness...What's it For?  It says :


We often think of forgiveness as something that someone who has done us wrong must ask of US. There is always another way of looking at something. My thoughts on forgiveness suggest that you focus on offering forgiveness TO the person who has wronged you. To not forgive them is like taking the poison (continuing to suffer for what they did or didn't do to you) and expecting THEM to die!

The article makes it sound so easy:


Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself. It is not something you do FOR someone else. It is not complicated. It is simple. Simply identify the situation to be forgiven and ask yourself: "Am I willing to waste my energy further on this matter?" If the answer is "No," then that's it! All is forgiven.


And this sums up what I am feeling right now:


To forgive means to "give up", to let go. It also means to restore oneself to basic goodness and health. When we forgive, we are willing to give up resentment, revenge and obsession. We are willing to restore faith not only in ourselves, but in life itself. The inability or unwillingness to do this, causes harm in the one who is holding onto the anger.


So should I or should I not? because I miss him already.

No comments: