Saturday, January 15, 2011

Where have I been? Where am I now?

Where have I been?

Been thru a lot thats what. Its been years since I've updated this blog. So much has happened and so much has been learned...

Been having problems with my marriage. There, I said it.
Been lost in a deep slumber of depression, denial and hoping everything will be alright.
Been feeling sorry for myself, angry and bitter.
Been feeling trapped with no way out.
Been trying to find my old self again after all these years of being a mom and a wife.
Been neglecting my kids while focusing too much on my dissappointments.
Been to a Psychiatrist and a Marriage Counselor.
Been praying for light at the end of the long dark tunnel.

Where am I now?

Am facing reality.
Am finding my independence and ways to empower myself.
Am fighting to get a hold of my sanity.
Am loving my kids and showing them I can be a great mom again.
Am accepting the fact that my husband has limitations and is not perfect.
Am realizing that I have a choice whether to live with his limitations or not.
Am deciding whether to stay or to go.
Am blessed with lifelong friends to help me get thru this.

Am back to this blog and hope to update it regularly again. I have also revised the title of my blog and added marriage aside from parenting.

No comments: