Monday, June 20, 2011

Attack Life like An Athlete

My child is an athlete. She's very good at it. I asked her if it bothers her when the crowd jeers her to distract her. She answered" No, thats part of it mom!" Of course I know that... but its her attitude that I admire. She  expects the jeers as a natural part of the game but can still focus on her target. Children are in certain ways wiser than adults... In childlike abandonment, they just go ahead and meet life head on.

It reminds me of what my counsellor once said to me : "Tell yourself this situation is temporary. Every now and then life is extra stressful but there are moments of relief. Attack the stressful moments like an athlete - be a good sport and accept the challenge. Thats just how life is."

Something for me to remember again ...


No comments: